Become a Certified Permanent Cosmetic and Microblade Artist
Do you feel like you have so much to offer the beauty industry, but have not yet found your outlet? Have you been dreaming a of a career that can take you to the next level financially and successfully? Do you love working with women, changing lives and transforming others confidence? Then this course is for you...
I love what I do and I want to share this beauty industry gem with you!
I began as a permanent makeup artists while in my last semester in college back in 2004. I was going to school for mass communications and quickly realized the beauty industry was calling me. In 2005, Cindy Kocurek (my momma) and I purchased Lorenco's Salon and together have now taken Lorenco's and our excellent permanent makeup reputation into it's 40th year! In 2010 I turned my sites on further education in the eyelash extension industry as well. I served on the State Board of Barbers Cosmetologists and Body Artists for 2 years and learned the ins and outs of the industry in the great state of New Mexico. As much as I loved traditional permanent makeup my focus in the last few years has been turned to microblading. It is an art and as an artists I can't tell you how fulfilling it is to get to create that art everyday for my job. I love it! I would also love to share this amazing beauty industry gem with you! Being a permanent cosmetic and microblade artist has opened doors I never know could be opened. It has taken care of me, my family and offered me a career second to none.
About this course:
In the state of New Mexico, to become a licensed permanent makeup artist or to do microblading you must go through an approved course that meets criteria found here at 220.127.116.11. This course not only fulfills all of these requirements, but goes far beyond into everything you will need to know to set up a successful business in this industry. This includes 100 hours of course work. Our course combines at-home study and practical study with us at the salon to make for a program that can work with-in your schedule and get you all the education you need.
What we cover:
You will receive top notch instruction in the following areas:
- Eyeliner, Lip color, and Microblading procedure basics
- Color theory
- Shaping, measuring, proportions, and brow patterns
- Sanitation, sterilization, and disinfection
- Blood borne pathogens and CPR/ first aid for Body Artists
- Anatomy, microbiology and immunizations
- State Board requirements for establishments
- Safety and instrument handling
- Equiment, instruments and supplies- where to purchase and what is best for you
- Setting up your business- paperwork, insurance, accountants and taxes
- Test prep and requirements to get your license
- What if I only want to do microblading in New Mexico?
- In the State of New Mexico you must be a licensed permanent cosmetic artist having met all the requirements of the permanent cosmetic license approval. What does this mean? YES, you must be licensed as a permanent cosmetic artist (not an esthetician) and you must learn all aspects of the trade including eyeliner, lips, and brows in order to legally do microblading. The State does not offer a license for microblading alone as of now.
- Will I be certified when I am done with this course?
- YES, you will receive a certificate from Total Beauty and Wellness, which will be an approved course by the State as of February, 2018.
- Will I be licensed when I complete the course?
- NO, not yet. You will be eligible to sit for the required test by the State and apply for your license. Part of of our course is walking you through this process so as to make it as easy as possible for you.
- Is this course and approved course in New Mexico?
- In February, 2018 this course will gain its approval from the New Mexico State Board of Body Art Practitioners.
- Do you accept payment plans?
- YES, Payments can be made in installments based on your schedule. I do ask that the tuition be paid in full before your course begins.